Birthday Dessert

    I felt it only fitting to add a birthday post, after all this is how it all started. My 29th Birthday came with some food struggles but also food victories! I was given the special opportunity to pick any restaurant in Lexington with an exception to eat my birthday dinner. Yet, I couldn’t. Why? Because it’s still overwhelming to eat out. Why? Because honestly, I wasn’t sure if I truly had it in me to eat my birthday dinner and dessert. I’m extremely thankful that someone near to my heart stepped in and took over the where! Because honestly I was getting nowhere. Eating that day, as much as I wanted to treat myself I knew I’d also be eating dessert and eating throughout the day leading up to dinner wasn’t the easiest. I ate. But it wasn’t the carefree food day I had hoped for.
   
     Dinner ended up being at the perfect place. And I’m forever thankful for special people that constantly support me! See, I was encouraged to get dessert but in such a loving and supportive way. It wasn’t a you have to eat this because it’s your birthday. It wasn’t a you have to clean your plate kinda thing. Instead it was a, you’re getting dessert, but if you don’t eat it all and want to take it home it’s okay. That’s exactly what I needed! Dessert menus are still intimidating, but in the end I chose this!


   This is a gluten free brownie with gelato! And it came with a birthday candle for me to make my wish. I ate this brownie and most of the gelato! It was simply delicious. For my birthday I ate dessert.  I wasn’t quite finished and the waiter tried to take it. He was quickly stopped! While I didn’t eat all the whipped topping or the brittle. I almost cleaned the plate! I’m forever thankful for such an amazing birthday dinner full of memories, love, and celebrating! There’s nothing more special than completing that with an ED victory! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scale: Friend or Enemy?

Amanda ate what?!

One Year Later