Holidays & Travel! Amanda had what?!

Between the holidays and being out of town, I haven't posted in a few weeks.

Holidays:

Thanksgiving dinner, I ate.  I hated not being able to work out like I have in years past, as I'm still recovering with my ankle.  I ate, I watched what I ate, (thanks to my gluten & lactose issues carbs were easily avoidable!).  I ate and I still ate healthy on Thanksgiving.  I did splurge and have chocolate covered peanuts my Aunt Barb made.  I enjoyed them when I ate them, as I haven't eaten them in a very long time, but there was still part of me that felt like I didn't deserve to eat them.

When comparing this to last year, I worked out and ate, but I ate because I had worked out.  This year I ate without working out.  This year I had a dessert even if it wasn't pumpkin pie.  It was small and I regretted it, but I ate it.  I still ate. I enjoyed eating dinner with my cousins, sister, and niece at the "kid" table.  There were parts of it that I was able to enjoy.  Other parts were still difficult.  But in comparison to last year, still some pieces of progress.  Why? Because this year I left all my measuring cups in Kentucky.  This year I didn't weigh my turkey.  I didn't measure any of my side dishes in measuring cups.  That alone is progress.  And next year I'll make even more progress.


My week in Baltimore:

   Traveling, spending time in the air port, being away from restaurants you're accustomed too.  It's difficult when you have an eating disorder.  Eating out is still difficult for me.  I hate having to look at  menus and decipher what I might or might not be able to eat or what still fits within the parameters I've given myself.  I have several restrictive foods that I still don't eat or limit because I'm not there just yet.  I did well for a few days, so well that I went backwards after it, because I knew I had eaten too much or had foods I haven't allowed myself and instantly regretted them.  There was a day I lived off protein shakes and bars and some water.  I tried to force myself to have dinner one evening, made it to a Baltimore restaurant before I just couldn't do it.  Instead this is what I had for dinner.


This is exactly what it looks like, a cup full of water! Yes, this was in fact my dinner.  The day after I ate, and then regretted it and have watched today a little more strictly what I have eaten, but I have eaten 3 meals today.  It's hard.  It's difficult, and I won't pretend that I've got this all figured out.  I won't pretend that I am better yet.  I know I'm not.  I know that I still have work to do. I know there are still changes that need to be made.  And I'll get there, but it's going to take more time, more focus, more determination, and a whole of prayer. One day, one day I'll get there.  But if I don't share those ugly days, I'm not being honest with this blog, and that isn't right.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scale: Friend or Enemy?

Amanda ate what?!

One Year Later