One Year Later

One year ago today my journey was about to begin.  But I didn't know it.  A year ago today,  I was at my sickest.  See this picture.



This is what the meter looked like after I had eaten worked out and eaten some more. It was this way for hours! It took at least 7 or 8 hours for this to improve to this!




Even with all of this, I didn't realize I was sick.  To this day, I don't exactly know how I survived that day.  Instead, I made excuses.  I kept having to tell people I had eaten, which I had. But I kept justifying how little I had eaten.  I also kept telling people it was just because I had worked out with weights & just burnt a little more fat.

No matter what everyone told me I didn't see it. It took me some time.  At least a week maybe a little longer.  But this was the day that set everything in motion.  This was also the day that I started subconsciously questioning the plan I had been following. It was the day that gave me questions, that ultimately led to me finally realizing that the company that I believed wanted what was best for me, that several people who I thought were friends really didn't care.  A few did and still do, but others, it was hard. But it was best for me!

It hasn't quite been a full year, but I know that my journey started a year ago today, even though I didn't realize it.  I still have so much progress yet to make, but each day it's a step forward (even on the days I take a few steps backwards).  Here's to a better year, more positive days, and learning to enjoy food again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scale: Friend or Enemy?

Amanda ate what?!