Did Amanda actually clean her plate?!

I don't want everyone to think I only have bad days.  Some times I have good ones, or at the very least better ones.  Tonight I ate out at dinner and I ate but I also made healthy choices.  It's about learning how to balance.  I had eaten healthy all day and even at dinner I make healthy choices but slightly splurged just a little.  I ate.  Today for the first time in a long time, I enjoyed all of my meals and had proper snacks.  It isn't perfect and I've slightly struggled even today.  But it's been amazing.  Progress for me is having more than I'd normally eat or telling myself you need a box and instead choosing to "clean my plate."  Sans the fight from my meat I did just that!!

I am thankful for friends who have been extremely supportive, remind me that they're behind me, remind me that I'm making healthier choices than most, and that it's okay to eat.  Does it mean I'll eat like I did today every day, no. But it's okay to enjoy a meal of wonderful food and eating a little more healthy food than shorting myself out of a meal or two, which is what I use to do.  Instead of eating my entire serving of meat, I'd cut it in half (fat and all) and neither portion would be true size.  In reality, I'd be shorting myself on not one but two meals because I've been so afraid of eating too much! Tonight I took off the fat and ate it all! And I truly enjoyed every single bite! Saul Good may have just outdone Ramsey's and become my favorite.

Yesterday as I continue reading/working my way through my book the following quote caught my attention.

                     "If your weight control your moods and your life, it's an idol.  
                      It is what you draw your strength from and give your 
                      strength to."

This stopped me in my tracks last night & left me in tears.  This shook me to my core, but in the best of ways.  Anything can become an idol, even when we don't realize it! This, this happened to me.  This is something I'm working on.  While I know I won't be perfect at fixing it.  I'm doing my best to correct this.  Today was Day 1. It went well.  I'm not in this alone. God is leading the way, and I have friends and family supporting me every step.  I'm reminding that HIS strength is made perfect in my weakness! No coincidence that 2 Corinthians 12:9 was my verse of the day yesterday (same day I read the quote.) God has a wonderful way of reminding us of so many things. But we have to stop and listen and follow His direction! I'll get there, but I can't do this on my own. I have to let Him take over! And while I've been trying to do that, I realized last night that I wasn't quite doing that. I thought so but never realized exactly what place food had in my life.  So here's to a new beginning within my journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scale: Friend or Enemy?

One Year Later

Amanda ate what?!